REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the bolt attaching the coupling yoke to the steering worm.
- Disconnect the relay rod from the pitman arm.
- Remove the steering gear housing down and to the left.
- Install in reverse of removal. Tighten the housing-to-frame bolts to 25-36 ft. lb.; the coupling yoke bolt to 15-20 ft. lb.; the relay rod to 36-50 ft. lb.
- Open the hood, and find the steering gearbox. Place matchmarks on the coupling and steering column shaft.
- Disconnect the pitman arm from the relay rod using a tie rod puller on the pitman arm set nut.
- Disconnect the steering gearbox at the coupling. Unbolt the gearbox from the chassis and remove.
- Installation is in the reverse order of removal, with the exception of first aligning the matchmarks and connecting the steering shaft to the coupling before you bolt the gearbox into the car permanently.