REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the front of the vehicle and support it with jackstands.
Be sure that the vehicle is securely supported. Do not support it by the lower control arms.
- Remove the gravel shields if they prevent access to the steering linkage.
- Unfasten the nut and, using a puller, disconnect the pitman arm from the sector shaft.
- Unfasten the idler arm support securing bolts and remove the support from the frame.
- Detach the tie rod ends with a puller after removing the cotter pins and castellated nuts.
- Remove the steering linkage as an assembly.
- Installation is performed inthe reverse order of removal. Noge the following however:
- Tighten the linkage parts t