REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Unfasten the horn and turn signal multiconnector(s) at the base of the steering column shroud.
- Loosen the trim pad retaining screws from the back side of the steering wheel.
- Lift the trim pad and horn button assembly(ies) from the wheel.
- Remove the steering wheel hub retaining nut.
- Scratch matchmarks on the hub and shaft to aid in correct installation.
- Use a steering wheel puller to remove the steering wheel.
- Installation is performed in the reverse order of removal. Tighten the wheel retaining nut to 15-22 ft. lb., except for the Mark II 6 cylinder and 1974-77 Corona, which should be tightened to 22-29 ft. lb.
The two-spoke steering wheel is removed in the same manner as the three-spoke, except that the trim pad should be pried off with a screwdriver. Remove the pad by lifting it toward the top of the wheel.Four-Spoke