REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Run the engine at idle speed with the A/C on for 10 minutes.
- Stop the engine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the clutch lead wire from the harness.
- Have an authorized service station discharge the refrigerant from the cooling system.
- Disconnect the two hoses from the compressor service valves. Cap the opening fitting immediately to keep moisture out of the system.
- Loosen the drive belt and remove the compressor mounting bolts and compressor.
- Install the compressor with the mounting bolts.
- Install the drive belt.
- Attach the two hoses to the compressor service valves. Tighten both discharge and suction lines to 16-18 ft. lbs. (22-25 Nm).
- Connect the clutch lead wire to the wiring harness.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Have the A/C system evacuated, charged and check for leaks by an authorized service station.