REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the vehicle and safely support.
- Disconnect the speedometer cable.
- Remove the speedometer driven gear housing lock plate, then remove the gear from the housing by removing the clip.
- Using a suitable tool, remove the oil seal from inside the housing sleeve, if necessary.
- Install the new seal into the sleeve using seal installer tool 09201-60011, or equivalent.
- Install the speedometer driven gear to the housing and install the clip.
- Replace the housing O-ring and coat it with oil.
- Install the assembly to the transmission and tighten the lock plate bolt to 8 ft. lbs. (11 Nm).
- Check for proper speedometer operation.