The proportioning valve and the by-pass valve are incorporated into the master cylinder assembly on all models except for the Van.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Disconnect the No.2 shackle from the bracket located on the rear differential housing as follows:
- Remove the cotter pin.
- Remove the nut and disconnect the No.2 shackle from the bracket.
- Remove the retainer, 2 bushings and collar.
- Disconnect the brake tubes from the main body of the valve.
- Remove the valve bracket mounting bolts and the valve assembly.
- Install the valve assembly to the frame with the 4 retaining nuts. Tighten the nuts to 14 ft. lbs. (19 Nm).
- Connect the brake tubes.
- Connect the No.2 shackle to the bracket. Set dimension A (the distance between the No.2 shackle retainer nut and the No.1 shackle retainer bolt) by turning the adjusting nut. The initial setting is 78mm (3.07 in.). Tighten the locknut to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm).
- Install the 2 bushings and a collar to the load sensing spring shackle. Install the load sensing spring to the shackle bracket with a retainer and nut. Tighten the nut to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm). Install a new cotter pin.
- When pulling down the load sensing spring, confirm that the valve piston moves down smoothly. Position the valve body so that the valve piston lightly contacts the load sensing spring. Tighten the valve body mounting nuts to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Bleed the brake system and check for fluid leakage.