REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle safely. Remove the wheels. Remove the strut rod and remove the nut of the shock absorber.
- Remove the rear seat, speaker grill and interior quarter panel trim (if so equipped) and package tray trim.
- Disconnect the strut from the axle carrier.
- Remove the strut cap. Remove the TEMS (Toyota Electronic Modulated Suspension) actuator.
- Remove the 3 strut mounting nuts from the body and remove the strut assembly.
- Mount the strut assembly in a suitable vise. Using a suitable spring compressor, compress the coil spring.
- Remove the strut suspension support nut. Remove the strut suspension support, remove the coil spring and bumper.
- Mount the strut in a suitable vise. Using a suitable spring compressor, compress the coil spring.
- Install the bumper to the strut, align the coil spring end with the lower seat hollow and install the coil spring.
- Align the strut suspension support hole and piston rod and install it. Align the suspension support with the strut lower bushing.
- Install the strut suspension support nut and tighten it to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm). Connect the strut assembly with the 3 retaining nuts and torque them to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Connect the strut assembly to the axle carrier and tighten it to 101 ft. lbs. (137 Nm).
- Install the strut cap. Install the package tray trim, quarter panel trim panel, speaker grille and rear seat.