REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the rear of the vehicle safely. Remove the wheels.
- Unbolt the brake caliper and suspend it with wire so it is out of the way. Remove the halfshaft.
- Disconnect the parking brake cable at the equalizer. Remove the 2 cable brackets from the body and then pull the cable through the suspension member.
- Disconnect the 2 lower arms and the strut rod at the axle carrier. Disconnect the lower strut mount.
- Disconnect the upper arm at the body and remove the axle hub assembly.
- Remove the upper arm mounting nut. Remove the backing plate mounting nuts and separate the plate from the carrier. Press the upper arm out of the axle carrier.
- Connect the upper arm to the body.
- Connect the axle hub assembly to the arm with a new nut.
- Connect the No. 1 lower control arm with a new nut and tighten it to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm). Connect the No. 2 lower arm and the strut rod.
- Tighten the upper arm mounting nut to 80 ft. lbs. (108 Nm). Tighten the strut to 101 ft. lbs. (137 Nm).
- Reconnect the parking brake cable and install the halfshaft. Install the brake caliper and tighten the bolts to 34 ft. lbs. (47 Nm).
- Install the wheels and lower the car. Bounce it several times to set the suspension and then tighten the upper arm-to-body bolt, the No. 2 lower arm-to-carrier and the strut rod to 119 ft. lbs. (162 Nm).