The IC regulator is mounted on the alternator housing, is transistorized and is non-adjustable.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Remove the end cover nut and terminal insulator and remove the 3 end cover nuts along with the end cover of the regulator.
- Remove the three screws that go through the terminals.
- Remove the (two) top mounting screws that mount the regulator to the alternator. Remove the regulator.
- To install the new IC regulator. Place the regulator in position on the alternator. Install and secure the (two) top mounting screws. Install the (three) terminal screws. Install the end cover.
- Reconnect the battery ground cable.