REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Be sure to take notice of the location of the compressor for it may be easier to remove the compressor from underneath the vehicle. If the compressor has to be removed from underneath the vehicle, be sure to raise and support the vehicle safely on suitable jackstands.
- Run the engine at idle with the air conditioning on for 10 minutes, then shut off the engine.
- Disconnect the battery cables and remove the battery (Cressida only), if necessary.
- Disconnect the air conditioning clutch lead wire from the wiring harness. Discharge the refrigerant from the air conditioning system. Be sure to cap the open fitting immediately to keep the moisture out of the system.
- Loosen the air conditioning drive belt and remove it from the compressor.
- Remove the air conditioning compressor mounting bolts and remove the compressor.
- Install the compressor with the mounting bolts. Tighten the mounting bolts to 20 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Install the drive belt and adjust it to obtain the proper tension.
- Connect the 2 flexible hoses to the service valves on the compressor (if removed). Tighten the discharge and suction lines to 18 ft. lbs. (20-24 Nm).
- Connect the clutch lead wire to the wiring harness.
- Install the battery and connect the battery cables. Evacuate and recharge the air conditioning refrigeration system.