REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Drain the coolant into a suitable container.
- Disconnect the radiator outlet hose from the water inlet.
- Remove the retaining bolts from the thermostat housing.
- Remove the thermostat housing and the thermostat.
- Install a new gasket to the thermostat housing and place the thermostat with the jiggle valve upward into the engine block.
- Install the thermostat housing along with the retaining bolts.
- Reconnect the radiator outlet hose to the thermostat housing.
- Refill the cooling system and reconnect the negative battery cable. Start the engine and check for leaks and proper operation of the thermostat. Repair any leaks as necessary.