REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Protect the painted areas such as the fenders with a protective cover or equivalent.
- Matchmark the hood hinges to the vehicle body. Loosen the hinge to vehicle body retaining bolts.
- With the aid of an assistant remove the retaining bolts and lift the hood (with hood hinge assemblies attached to hood) away from the car. Remove the hood hinges (matchmark hinges to the hood for correct installation) if necessary.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Align the hood to the proper position. If a hinge is loosened or removed be sure to apply a suitable rust inhibitor under and around hinge after repairs.
Since the centering bolt is used as the hood hinge set bolt, the hood cannot be adjusted with it on. Replace the bolt with washer for the centering bolt; refer to the necessary illustration.
- For forward/rearward and left/right adjustments, loosen the body side hinge bolts and move the hood to the desired position.
- For vertical adjustment of the hoods front edge, turn the cushion.
- For vertical adjustment of the rear end of the hood, increase or decrease the number of washers or shims.
- Adjust the hood lock if necessary by loosening the bolts.