REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Due to the weight and size of this door, it is recommended that you use a friend to help you with removal and installation.
- Remove the door trim panel as follows:
- Unscrew the door locking button.
- Remove the slide door open stopper.
- Remove the upper door trim.
- Remove the door trim panel.
- Remove the service hole cover.
- Remove the 3 center roller set bolts. Place a wooden block or equivalent under the door for protection and support it with a floor jack.
- After removing the rail molding, remove the roller toward the rear.
- Remove the door panel.
- Remove the lower roller 3 set bolts. Place a wooden block or equivalent under the door for protection and support it with a floor jack.
- Slide the door toward the rear side. Remove the upper roller from the cut-out part of the upper rail.
- Remove the upper rail. To remove the center rail insert a prybar between the retainers and the door panel and pry it loose. After removing the set bolts, remove the center rail.
- Carefully lower the jack and lower the door down to ground level and carefully remove it from the jack.
- Installation is the reverse order of the removal procedure.
- To make the door rear vertical and horizontal adjustment use the following procedure:
- Adjust the door striker.
- With the door closed, adjust it so that the center roller is 0.04 in. (1mm) above the race.
- Adjust the center roller bracket. The center roller is installed parallel with the rail.
- To make the door fore and aft adjustment use the following procedure:
Adjust by moving the center roller fore and aft. The center roller is installed parallel with the rail.
- To make the front vertical adjustment, door fore and aft adjustment use the following procedure.
- Adjust the slide door lock remote control as follows:
- Adjust the remote control so there is about 0.20 in. (5mm) play in the inside handle.
- Loosen the rear lock cable adjusting screw and lightly pull the cable until it is snug. Then return it about 0.04 in. (1mm) and tighten it down.
- Loosen the remote control cable adjusting screw and lightly pull the cable until it is snug. Then return it about 0.04 in. (1mm).
Make the adjustment with the clamp for the cable and inner panel installed. Allow it to hang loose.
- When operating the outside and inside handles, check that the front and rear locks release smoothly.
- To make the door front horizontal adjustment use the following procedure:
Adjust the upper and lower the rollers. Be sure that the clearance between the upper roller and rail 0.08-0.20 in. (2-5mm) is good throughout the entire stroke.
- Adjust the male stopper as follows:
Finger-tighten the male stopper on the body side, close the door and determine the door position.
- Adjust the lower male stopper.
- Check the door lock adjustment and adjust the clearance between the striker and the ratchet so as to obtain 0.08-0.24 in. (2-6mm).