The headlight switch on all models is incorporated into the combination switch located on the steering column. Therefore, it will be necessary to remove the combination switch in order to gain access to the headlight switch for removal and installation purposes.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering column garnish.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Remove the steering wheel as outlined in .
- Trace the switch wiring harness to the multi-connector. Push in the lock levers and pull apart the connectors.
- On vehicles equipped with Toyota Electronic Modulated Suspension (TEMS), remove the steering sensor.
- Unscrew the mounting screws and slide the combination switch from the steering column. For additional details on Combination Switch removal and installation, refer to .
- Remove the headlight switch as follows:
- Remove the terminals from the headlight switch connector.
- Remove the light control switch retaining screws and the light control switch.
- Remove the headlight control switch retaining screws and the headlight control switch.
- Install the headlight dimmer control switch and retaining screws.
- Insert the spring into the lever and install the lever with the retaining screw and nut.
- Place the ball on the spring, position the lever at HI and install the plate.
- Insure the switch operates smoothly.
- Attach the terminals to the headlight switch connector.
- Installation of the combination switch is the reverse of the removal procedure. Check all switch functions for proper operation.