The shift lever is adjusted properly if the engine will not start in any position other than N or P .
- Loosen the neutral start switch bolt. Position the selector in the N position.
- Align the switch shaft groove with the neutral base line which is located on the switch.
- Tighten the bolt to 48 inch lbs. (5 Nm).
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unplug the switch wiring connectors.
- Disconnect the transmission control cable from the manual shift lever.
- Remove the manual shift lever.
- Pry the C-washer from the manual shaft nut. Discard the washer and replace with new.
- Remove the manual shaft nut and washer.
- Remove the manual shaft lever packing, if so equipped.
- Remove the retaining bolts and withdraw the switch from the transaxle case.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Adjust the switch.