The windshield wiper/washer switch on all models is incorporated into the combination switch located on the steering column. Therefore, it will be necessary to remove the combination switch in order to gain access to the windshield wiper/washer switch for removal and installation purposes.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering column garnish.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Remove the steering wheel as outlined in .
- Trace the switch wiring harness to the multi-connector. Push in the lock levers and pull apart the connectors.
- On vehicles equipped with Toyota Electronic Modulated Suspension (TEMS), remove the steering sensor.
- Unscrew the mounting screws and slide the combination switch from the steering column. For additional details on Combination Switch removal and installation, refer to .
- Remove the windshield wiper/washer switch as follows:
- Remove the terminals from the connectors.
- Remove the terminals from the horn contact.
- Remove the windshield wiper/washer switch retaining bolts and remove the switch.
- Install the windshield wiper/washer switch and retaining bolts.
- Install the terminals to the horn contact.
- Install the terminals to the connectors.
- Installation of the combination switch is the reverse of the removal procedure. Check all switch functions for proper operation.