REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Loosen the mirror assembly-to-mounting bracket set screw.
- Remove the mirror assembly by sliding upward and away from the mounting bracket.
- Install it by attaching the mirror assembly to the mounting bracket and tighten the set screw to 10-20 inch lbs.
If the mirror bracket pad has to be removed from the windshield (or if it has fallen off), it will be necessary to use a suitable heat gun to heat the vinyl pad until vinyl softens. Peel the vinyl off the glass and discard. Install the new one as follows:
- Make sure glass, bracket and adhesive kit (rearview mirror adhesive or equivalent) are at least at room temperature 65-75°F (18-24°C).
- Locate and mark the mirror mounting bracket location on the outside surface of the glass.
- Thoroughly clean the bonding surfaces of the glass and bracket to remove old adhesive if reusing the old mirror bracket pad. Use a mild abrasive cleaner on the glass and fine sandpaper on the bracket to lightly roughen the surface. Wipe clean with a alcohol moistened cloth.
- Crush the accelerator vial (part of the rearview mirror adhesive kit) and apply the accelerator to the bonding surface of bracket and windshield. Let it dry for 3 minutes.
- Apply 2 drops of adhesive (part of the Rearview mirror adhesive kit) to the mounting surface of the bracket and windshield. Using a clean toothpick or a wooden match, quickly spread the adhesive evenly over the mounting surface of the bracket.
- Quickly position the mounting bracket on the windshield. The 3 / 8 in. (9.5mm) circular depression in the bracket must be toward the inside of the passengers compartment. Press the bracket firmly against the windshield for one minute.
- Allow the bond to set for five minutes. Remove any excess bonding material from windshield with an alcohol dampened cloth.