PEDAL HEIGHT AND CLUTCH FREE-PLAY
The correct pedal height from the floor boards to the clutch pedal should be 6.10-6.54 in. (155-166mm) on the Cressida and 6.73-7.13 in. (171-181mm) on the Van models.
- Loosen the locknut and turn the stopper bolt until the correct clutch pedal height is obtained.
- Tighten the locknut.
- After adjusting the clutch pedal height, check the clutch pedal free-play.
- Push in on the clutch pedal until the beginning of the clutch resistance is felt. The clutch pedal free-play should be as follows:
- The clutch pedal free-play should be 0.20-0.59 in. (5-15mm).
- The pushrod play at the pedal should be 0.04-0.20 in. (1-5mm).
- If it is necessary to adjust the clutch free-play, use the following procedure:
- Loosen the locknut and turn the pushrod until the free-play is in the specified range.
- Tighten the locknut. After adjusting the free-play, check the pedal height.
- Check the pedal operation by gently depressing and releasing the clutch pedal, check that engagement and disengagement are smooth.