REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The combination switch is composed of the turn signal, the headlight control, the dimmer, the hazard, the wiper and the washer switches. If the turn signal switch is found to be bad, the combination switch must be replaced as an assembly.Cressida
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering column garnish.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column covers.
- Remove the steering wheel as outlined in this guide.
- Trace the switch wiring harness to the multi-connector. Push in the lock levers and pull apart the connectors.
- On vehicles equipped with Electronic Modulated Suspension (TEMS), remove the steering sensor.
- Unscrew the mounting screws and slide the combination switch from the steering column.
- Installation of the combination switch is the reverse of the removal procedure. Check all switch functions for proper operation.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column shroud screws and the shrouds.
- Remove the combination switch screws and the switch from the column.
- Unplug the electrical connector from the combination switch. To remove the wires from the electrical connector, perform the following procedures.
- Using a small prybar, insert it into the open end between the locking lugs and the terminal.
- Pry the locking lugs upward and pull the terminal out from the rear.
- To install the terminals, simply push them into the connector until they lock securely in place.
- To complete the installation, reverse the removal procedures.