REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The ignition lock/switch is usually located behind the combination switch on the steering column.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unfasten the ignition switch connector underneath the instrument panel.
- Remove the screws which secure the upper and lower halves of the steering column cover.
- Turn the lock cylinder to the ACC position with the ignition key.
- Push the lock cylinder stop in with a small, round object (cotter pin, punch, etc.).
On some vehicles it may be necessary to remove the steering wheel and combination switch first.
- Withdraw the lock cylinder from the lock housing while depressing the stop tab.
- To remove the ignition switch, unfasten its securing screws and withdraw the switch from the lock housing.
- Align the locking cam with the hole in the ignition switch and insert the switch into the lock housing.
- Secure the switch with its screw(s).
- Make sure that both the lock cylinder and column lock are in the ACC position. Slide the cylinder into the lock housing until the stop tab engages the hole in the lock.
- Install the steering column covers.
- Attach the ignition switch connector.
- Connect the negative battery cable.