REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the wheel and tire assemblies.
- Disconnect the tie rod ends from the steering knuckle.
- Matchmark and disconnect the intermediate shaft from the gear.
- Remove the retaining bolts from the 2 brackets and slide the rack out from under the vehicle.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the bracket bolts to 56 ft. lbs. (76 Nm), the coupling bolts to 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm) and the tie rod bolts to 43 ft. lbs. (59 Nm).