REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- If equipped, remove the universal joint at the steering gear and at the main shaft of the steering column assembly.
- If equipped, disconnect upper universal joint from the intermediate shaft.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the hood lock control bracket. Remove the instrument lower finish panels, air ducts and column covers.
- Disconnect all electrical wiring for ignition switch, combination switch, and unlock warning switch key cylinder lamp. Remove the combination switch as necessary.
- Remove the accelerator rod bracket, if so equipped. Remove the steering column hole cover retaining bolts and remove the cover.
- Remove the support mounting bolt. Remove the column tube mounting bolts. Pull out steering column. On some vehicles, remove the 2 column bracket mounting nuts. Turn the steering column assembly clockwise and remove it from the vehicle as necessary.
- Place the steering column assembly in the installed position. Tighten all necessary mounting nuts (tighten evenly). Install and tighten all column cover bolts. Tighten column hole cover clamp bolt as necessary.
- Install combination switch. Reconnect all electrical wiring.
- Install instrument lower finish panels, air duct and column covers.
- Install or connect the universal joint. Insure that the retaining bolts are installed through both shaft grooves.
- Install steering wheel and connect the negative battery cable.