REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Position the front wheels straight ahead.
- Unfasten the horn and turn signal multi-connector(s) at the base of the steering column shroud.
- I equipped with a 3 spoked wheel, loosen the trim pad retaining screws from the back side of the steering wheel. The two spoke steering wheel is removed on the same manner as the three spoke, except that the trim pad should be pried off with a small prybar. Remove the pad by lifting it toward the top of the wheel.
- Lift the trim pad and horn button assembly from the wheel.
- Remove the steering wheel hub retaining nut.
- Scribe matchmarks on the hub and shaft to aid in correct installation.
- Use a suitable puller to remove the steering wheel.
Do not attempt to remove or install the steering wheel by hammering on it. Damage to the energy-absorbing steering column could result.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Tighten the wheel retaining nut to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Position the wheels in a straight ahead position.
- Remove the steering wheel center cover, some vehicles use a screw to retain the cover.
- Disconnect the horn wire. Matchmark the wheel and the shaft.
- Remove the steering wheel center nut.
- Using an appropriate wheel puller tool remove the steering wheel.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure. Tighten the steering wheel nut to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).