REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle. Support the axle housing with a floor jack. Remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the shock absorber-to-axle housing bolt.
- Remove the stabilizer-to-axle housing bar bushing bracket bolts.
- Remove the lateral control arm-to-axle housing nut and disconnect the lateral control arm.
- Lower the floor jack, then remove the coil spring(s) and the insulators.
While lowering the axle housing, be careful not to snag the brake line of the parking brake cable.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Tighten the shock absorber bolt to 27 ft. lbs., the lateral control arm-to-axle housing nut to 43 ft. lbs. and the stabilizer-to-axle housing bolts to 27 ft. lbs.
Before tightening the lateral control arm and the stabilizer nuts/bolts, bounce the vehicle to stabilize the suspension.