REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the shock absorber-to-axle housing bolt.
- On the upper shock mounting, remove the locknut, the retaining nut, the retainers and the rubber bushings from the top of the shock absorber.
When removing the retaining nut, from the top of the shock absorber, it may be necessary to hold the top of the shock to keep it from turning.
- Remove the shock absorber from the vehicle.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Tighten the shock absorber-to-body nut to 16-24 ft. lbs. and the shock absorber-to-axle housing bolt to 27 ft. lbs.