- Turn the ignition switch to the ON position and the select switch to SPORT position.
- Place a jumper wire in service connector terminals Tem and E2.
- Turn the ignition switch OFF and remove the battery negative terminal.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disarm the system prior to removal.
- Disconnect the actuator wiring.
- Remove the actuator cover.
- Remove the two actuator mounting bolts and pull out the actuator from the shock absorber.
Pull the actuator out straight and slowly to prevent bending the absorber control rod.
- Position the actuator valve facing toward the hard position.
- Check that the absorber control rod is facing toward the hard position. If not, use needle-nose pliers to turn it toward that direction.
- Insert the absorber rod into the groove of the actuator valve, then secure the actuator with two bolts.
In the case of the front actuator, fasten the actuator wire harness so that it faces the front of the vehicle.
- Install the actuator cover and tighten to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Attach the actuator connector.
- Remove the service wire from the service connector. Check the TEMS operation.