Removal & Installation
Remove or disconnect the following:
Installation is the reverse of removal. Apply disc brake grease to the inside of each shim. The wear indicator is installed on the inner pad.
- Hold the sliding pin and remove the lower bolt.
- Lift the caliper up and secure it.
Remove the pads, 4 shims and wear indicator plate. Remove the 2 pad support plates.
NOTEThe support plates can be reused, provided they have sufficient rebound, are not deformed or cracked, show no signs of wear and are cleaned of all rust and debris.
Always use new shims and wear indicators, even when re-installing the original pads.
- Install a wear indicator plate on the inner pad.
- Apply disc brake grease to both sides of the inner anti-squeal shims and install the shims.
- Install the inner pad with the wear indicator plate facing upwards.
- Install the outer pad.
- Install the caliper. Torque the bolt to 25 ft. lbs. (34 Nm).
- Install the wheel and tire assembly and carefully lower the vehicle.