- Remove the inner seal from the hub.
- Remove the snap ring from the hub.
- Mount the knuckle in a vise and, using a slidehammer, remove the hub from the knuckle.
- Remove the outer seal.
- Using a press, the bearings and races can now be replaced.
- Replace the snap ring and seals.
- Press the knuckle onto the hub assembly.
Removal & Installation
- Remove the wheel.
- Remove the hub nut.
- Remove the caliper and suspend it out of the way.
- Remove the brake rotor.
- Disconnect the tie rod end from the knuckle.
- Disconnect the control arm from the ball joint.
- Remove the halfshaft from the knuckle.
- Remove the lower strut-to-knuckle bolts and remove the hub/knuckle assembly.
- Remove the ball joint.
- Install the ball joint. Torque to 91 ft. lbs. (123 Nm). Advance the nut as much as 60 degrees to align the cotter pin hole. Use a new cotter pin.
- Attach the knuckle assembly to the strut. Torque to 170 ft. lbs. (230 Nm).
The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torques:
Caliper support: 77 ft. lbs. (104 Nm)