- Using a vacuum pump, perform a vacuum burping.
Supply refrigerant, HFC-134a (R134a):
- Standard: 21.17-24.69 oz. (600-700 g).
- Use SST 07110-58060 (07117-58060, 07117-58070, 07117-58080, 07117-58090, 07117-78050, 07117-88060, 07117-88070, 07117-88080), 07117-48130, 07117-48140
- Warm the engine up
Check for refrigerant leakage.
Use only service equipment that is U.L.-listed and is certified to meet the requirements of SAE J2210 to remove HFC-134a (R-134a) from the air conditioning system.
- Perform vacuum purging using a vacuum pump.
Charge refrigerant HFC-134a (r134a) using Special Tools 07110-58060 (07117-58060, 07117-58070, 07117-58080, 07117-58090, 07117-78050, 07117-88060, 07117-88070, 07117-88080). Standard capacity is 550 to 650 g (19.4 to 22.9 oz.).
WARNINGDo not turn the A/C on before charging with refrigerant as the cooler compressor doesn't work properly without any refrigerant, which causes the compressor to overheat.
Approximately 100 g (3.53 oz.) of refrigerant may need to be charged after bubbles disappear. The refrigerant amount should be checked by quantity, and not with the sight glass.
NOTEPrepare a service can to recharge the refrigerant if using the refrigerant gas collected with the Freon collection/recycling device because the collective rate of the device is approximately 90 %.
Warm up compressor:
Turn the a/c switch on continuously for at least 2 minutes to warm up the compressor.
NOTEBe sure to warm up compressor when turning the A/C on after removing and installing the cooler refrigerant lines (including the compressor), to prevent damage to the compressor.
- Turn the a/c switch on continuously for at least 2 minutes to warm up the compressor.