- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
Remove or disconnect the following:
NOTEWait at least 90 seconds before working on the vehicle to allow the Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) system to disarm.
NOTEMatchmark the shaft and gear.
Negative battery cable
Installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torques:
Rack mounting bolts: 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm)Stabilizer bar end links: 55 ft. lbs. (74 Nm)Intermediate shaft bolt: 26 ft. lbs. (35 Nm)Tie rod end nuts: 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm)
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
- Center the steering wheel to place the front wheels facing straight ahead.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Matchmark and disconnect the intermediate shaft.
- Remove the wheels.
- Separate the tie rods.
- Remove the engine/transaxle assembly.
- Remove the power steering gear from the front frame assembly.
- Install the power steering gear to the front frame assembly. Tighten the mounting bolts to 52 ft. lbs. (70 Nm).
- Install the engine/transaxle assembly.
The remainder of installation is the reverse of removal. Observe the following torques:
Tie rod end nuts: 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm)
- Perform the initialization procedure, as outlined in the Chassis Electrical System.