- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Run engine at idle speed with a/c on for approx. 10 minutes.
- Stop engine
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Discharge refrigerant from refrigeration system.
- Remove engine under cover.
- Remove drive belt.
Disconnect discharge and suction hoses.
NOTECap the open fitting immediately to keep moisture or dirt out of the system.
- Remove the left front drive shaft.
- Disconnect the connector.
- Remove the 3 bolts and the compressor.
- Install the compressor with 3 bolts and tighten to 49 Nm (36 ft. lbs).
- Connect the connector.
- Install the left front drive shaft.
- Connect the both suction hoses with 2 bolts and tighten to 10 Nm (7 ft. lbs).
- Install and check drive belt.
- Connect the negative battery cable.
- Evacuate air from refrigeration system and charge system with refrigerant.
- Inspect a/c operation.