Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Support the vehicle at the frame.
- Support the axle with a floor jack.
Remove or disconnect the following:
Install or connect the following:
- Remove the shock absorber.
- Disconnect the left and right stabilizer bar links.
- Disconnect the lateral rod.
- Lower the axle slowly and remove the spring.
- Installation is the reverse of removal. Make sure that the lower end of the coil spring is correctly installed, against the stop. Torque the later rod to 103 ft. lbs. (140 Nm); the stabilizer bar links to 51 ft. lbs. (69 Nm).