- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions section.
- Drain engine coolant.
- Remove the 3 nuts and disconnect the water inlet from the water inlet housing.
- Remove the thermostat.
- Remove the gasket from the thermostat.
- Install a new gasket to the thermostat.
Insert the thermostat into the water inlet housing with the jiggle valve facing straight upward.
NOTEThe jiggle valve may be set within 30° of either side of the prescribed position.
- Install the water inlet with the 3 nuts and tighten to 19 Nm (14 ft. lbs.).
- Fill with engine coolant
- Start engine and check for coolant leaks
- Recheck engine coolant level