Removal & Installation
- Drain the brake fluid from the master cylinder reservoir.
- Remove the right side front wheel.
- Remove the right side front fender liner.
- Remove front bumper cover.
- Remove left side headlamp assembly.
- Remove the windshield washer reservoir assembly.
Disconnect the actuator connector.
Mark the location of each of the 6 brake lines where the attach to the unit.
- Using SST 09023-00101, disconnect the 6 brake tubes from the actuator with the bracket.
Remove the 2 bolts, nut and the actuator with the bracket.
NOTEBe careful not to damage the brake tubes and wire harness.
- Install the brake actuator with the 2 nuts to the bracket. Tighten to 53 in lbs. (6 Nm).
- Install the actuator with bracket with the 2 bolts and nut. Tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm). Tighten the bolts in order from 1 to 3.
Connect the actuator connector.
NOTEMake sure that the lever is locked securely.
- Using SST 09023-00101, connect each brake tube to correct positions of the actuator with bracket, as shown in the illustration. Tighten to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Install the windshield washer reservoir.
- Install headlamp assembly.
- Install the front bumper cover.
- Install front fender liner.
- Install the front wheel.
- Fill reservoir with brake fluid.
Bleed master cylinder as follows:
- Using SST 09023-00101, disconnect the brake lines from the master cylinder sub-assembly .
- Slowly depress and hold the brake pedal.
- Cover the outer holes with your fingers, and release the brake pedal.
- Repeat these steps 3 or 4 times.
Using SST 09023-00101, connect the brake lines to the master cylinder sub-assembly and tighten to 11 ft. lbs. (15 Nm).
- Bleed brake system.
- Check fluid level in master cylinder reservoir and check for leaks.