- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Discharge and recover the A/C system refrigerant using approved equipment.
- Remove the bolt and disconnect the hoses from the compressor.
- Plug the line openings to avoid system contamination.
- Remove the right side engine under cover.
- Remove the A/C compressor drive belt.
- Disconnect the compressor connector.
- Remove the 3 bolts and compressor.
Install the compressor and tighten the bolts in the sequence illustrated to 21 ft. lbs. (29 Nm).
- Attach the electrical connector.
- Lubricate two new O-rings with compressor oil, and install them on the hoses.
- Connect the hoses and tighten to 87 inch lbs. (10 Nm).
- Install the drive belt.
- Connect the battery cable.
- Evacuate and recharge the refrigerant.
- Start the vehicle, turn the A/C system on and leak test the system