Electric Fan Switch
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Make sure the engine temperature is below 83 degrees C (181°F).
- Turn the ignition ON. The fan should not operate.
- Turn the ignition ON and disconnect the engine coolant temperature sensor. The fan should operate.
- Make sure the engine temperature is above 93 degrees C (199°F).
- Start the engine and allow to reach operating temperature, then make sure the A/C switch is OFF.
- When the coolant temperature is above 97 degrees C (207°F), the fan should operate.
- Let the engine temperature fall below 95 degrees C (203°F) and the fan should turn off.
If the cooling fan is not operating check the following:
- Check the engine coolant temperature sensor and replace if defective.
- Disconnect the fan electrical connector.
- Connect battery voltage and an ammeter to fan connector as illustrated. The fan should operate.
Measure the amperage, if the amperage is 7.9 to 10.9 amps at 20 degrees C (68°F), replace the motor.