Removal & Installation
- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the accessory drive belt.
- Raise and suitably support the vehicle.
- Remove the right splash shield.
- Remove the crankshaft pulley, using SST 09960-10010
- Lubricate the front seal and the sealing surface of the crankshaft pulley with chassis grease.
Install the crankshaft pulley, as follows:
- Align the pulley set key with the key groove of the pulley and slide on the pulley.
- Use SST 09960-11010 to install the bolt and tighten to 102 ft. lbs. (138 Nm) for 1ZZ-FE engine or to 87 ft. lbs. (118 Nm) on 2ZZ-FE engines.
- Turn the crankshaft counterclockwise and disconnect the plunger knock pin from the hook.
- Turn the crankshaft clockwise and check that the slipper is pushed by the plunger. If the plunger does not spring out, press the slipper into the chain tensioner with a screwdriver so that the hook is released from the knock pin and the plunger springs out.
- Install the right splash shield.
- Lower the vehicle.
- Install the accessory drive belt.
- Connect the negative battery cable.