- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the rear left hand seat cushion
- Remove the rear service hole cover.
- Disconnect the fuel pump and vapor pressure sensor connector.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure.
- Remove the 3 bolts and fuel tank protector.
- Remove the tube joint clip, and pull the fuel tank main tube out.
- Remove the 5 bolts and fuel tank vent tube set plate.
Pull the fuel pump assembly out.
NOTEMake sure that the arm of the fuel sender gauge does not bend.
- Remove the gasket from the fuel pump assembly.
- Using a screwdriver, disconnect the 5 snap claws from the claw holes, and remove the fuel suction support.
- Remove the fuel pump cushion rubber.
- Disconnect the fuel sender gage connector.
- Using a screwdriver with its tip wrapped in tape, unlock the fuel sender gage, and slide it to remove.