- Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the precautions section.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable and wait AT LEAST 90 seconds before beginning the procedure.
Align the front wheels straight ahead position.
NOTEUnplugging the air bag connector with the ignition switch in the On or ACC position will result in a DTC being recorded.
- Using a Torx® socket, loosen the 2 Torx® screws until the groove along the screw catches on the screw case.
Pull the wheel pad from the steering wheel and disconnect the airbag connector. Store the wheel pad with the upper surface facing updwards. Do not disassemble the wheel pad.
NOTEBe careful not to pull on the air bag wiring harness when removing the wheel pad.
- Disconnect the electrical connector.
- Remove the steering wheel nut.
- Make match marks on the steering wheel and shaft.
Install a suitable puller and remove the steering wheel.
- Align the steering wheel and shaft match marks made earlier and install the steering wheel. Tighten the nut to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Attach the air bag connector to the wheel pad and install the wheel pad.
- Make sure the 2 Torx® screw the grooves along the screws are caught on the screw case.
- Install the wheel pad and tighten the Torx® screws to 78 inch lbs. (8.8 Nm).
- Connect the negative battery cable.