REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Run the engine at idle with the air conditioning on for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stop engine and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect all electrical connection.
- Recover refrigerant (discharge system) from refrigeration system.
- Disconnect hoses from the compressor service valves. Cap open fittings immediately.
- Remove engine undercover, if necessary. Loosen the compressor mounting bolts. Remove the compressor drive belt.
- Remove the compressor mounting bolts. Remove the compressor from the vehicle.
- Install compressor with mounting bolts and torque retaining bolts evenly to 18 ft. lbs. (25 Nm). Install and adjust the drive belt. Install engine undercover, if necessary.
- Reconnect hoses to the compressor service valves.
- Reconnect all electrical connections.
- Reconnect the battery cable.
- Evacuate, charge and test refrigerant system. Check system for leaks.