The purpose of this valve is to control the fluid pressure applied to the brakes to prevent rear wheel lock-up during weight transfer at high speed stops.
This valve can not be rebuilt. It must be replaced.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the brake lines going to the valve.
- Remove the mounting bolt, if used, and remove the valve.
- Installation is the reverse of removal.
- Bleed the brake system.
See Figure 1
- Pull down the load sensing spring to determine that the piston moves slowly.
- Set the valve body so that the piston lightly touches the load sensing spring.
- Tighten the mounting bolts.