Vacuum boosters can be found only on models equipped with power brakes.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove the master cylinder as previously detailed.
- Locate the clevis rod where it attaches to the brake pedal. Pull out the clip and then remove the clevis pin.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the booster.
- Loosen the four nuts and then pull out the vacuum booster, the bracket and the gasket.
Many 4WD models have two extra brackets that must be removed when removing the brake booster.To install:
- Install the booster and tighten the mounting bolts to 9 ft. lbs. (13 Nm).
- Connect the clevis rod to the brake pedal.
- Install the master cylinder. Check the brake pedal adjustment and bleed the brakes.