REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Jack up the front of the truck and support it on jackstands.
- Remove the tension spring on the clutch fork.
- Remove the hydraulic line from the release cylinder. Be careful not to damage the fitting.
- Turn the release cylinder pushrod in sufficiently to gain clearance from the fork.
- Remove the mounting bolts and withdraw the cylinder.
- Install the hydraulic line from the master cylinder.
- Position the cylinder on the clutch housing and install the clamp and retaining screws.
- Adjust the fork tip clearance as previously outlined.
The system must be bled after the cylinder is reinstalled.
See Figure 1
- Remove the pushrod, rubber boot, piston and cups from the cylinder.
- Clean the inside of the cylinder with a rag and inspect for scoring. If there is no serious damage, hone the cylinder just enough to remove deposits. Replace the cylinder if light honing does not remove the score marks. Wash all the parts in brake fluid before assembly.
- Coat the new rubber parts in brake fluid and reassemble. Coat the piston with lithium soap based glycol grease.