See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Remove the air cleaner pipe on the 2L-T.
- Remove the air intake pipe on the 2L-T.
- Remove the clamps, loosen the union nuts and then remove the injection lines.
- Remove the leakage pipe from the injectors and note the location of each sealing washer.
- Remove the nozzle(s) from the cylinder head, noting the positions of the nozzle seats and seat gaskets.
Remove accumulations of carbon from the nozzle hoses.
- Keep the injectors in order so that they may be installed in their original positions.
- If the engine exhibited any type of severe miss, excessive smoking, or drastic decrease in power, it is best to have the nozzles professionally tested for opening pressure, leakage, and spray pattern.
- Remove the nozzle holder retaining nut from the nozzle holder body.
- Disassemble the injector.
- Wash the nozzles in clean diesel fuel.
- Remove carbon from the nozzle needle tip with a small, wooden stick. Do not use any metallic object to clean the nozzle tip.
- Remove carbon from the exterior of the nozzle body with a brass bristled brush. Don't use a brush having regular, steel bristles.
- Inspect all parts for damage and/or corrosion. If either of these conditions exist, the entire injector assembly must be replaced.
- Assemble the injector. Torque the nozzle holder retaining nut to 44-57 ft. lbs.
Install the injector assembly, noting that:
- The nozzle seat is installed between the injector and the seat gasket, and
- The nozzle seat must be positioned with the concave side of the seat toward the injector.
- Position a wrench on the hex of the nozzle body (not the nozzle retaining nut) and torque to 51-65 ft. lbs.
- Install the leakage pipe and tighten the nuts to 36 ft. lbs. (49 Nm). Connect the fuel hose to the leakage pipe.
- Assemble the remaining lines to the injectors. Torque the injection pipe union nuts to 15-21 ft. lbs.
After any service is performed to the diesel fuel system, pump the priming handle on the fuel sedimenter assembly 30-40 times to purge air from the system.
- Install the air cleaner and air intake pipes on the 2L-T.
- Start the engine and check for any leaks.