Carbureted Models Only
- Remove the solenoid.
- Test that the solenoid is operating properly. This can be done by connecting two wires to the battery terminals, one negative, one positive. By attaching these wires to the switch you will hear it click. The click indicates it is operating properly.
- Check the O-ring for damage.
- Reinstall the solenoid, if no problem is found.
- Use an ohmmeter to check that there is continuity between the switch terminal and the body.
- Start the engine.
- Check now for no continuity between the switch terminal and the body.