REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Turn the engine on and let it idle for ten minutes with the air conditioning switched On.
- Turn the engine off and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Disconnect the clutch lead wire at the connector.
- Discharge the A/C system, see immediately so as to keep moisture out of the system. General Information & Maintenance . Disconnect the two refrigerant lines at the compressor - Cap the open fitting
- Remove the fan shroud and then remove the air conditioning drive belt.
- Unscrew the mounting bolts and lift out the compressor.
- Install the compressor and tighten the mounting bolts to 22 ft. lbs. (27 Nm).
- Install the drive belt and adjust the tension as detailed in General Information & Maintenance .
- Connect the two refrigerant lines to the compressor. Tighten the suction line to 24 ft. lbs. (32 Nm) and the discharge line to 16 ft. lbs. (22 Nm).
- Connect the clutch lead wire and the negative battery cable.
- Evacuate, charge and leak test the system as detailed in General Information & Maintenance .