REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 and 920R, 22R, 22R-E, 22R-TE and 3VZ-E Engines
- Remove the three exhaust pipe flange bolts (turbocharger flange bolts on the 22R-TE) and disconnect the exhaust pipe from the manifold.
- Tag and disconnect the spark plug leads.
- Position the spark plug wires out of the way. It may be best to tie them so they don't flop back in your way.
- Remove the air cleaner tube from the heat stove on carbureted engines, and remove the outer part of the heat stove.
- Use a 14mm wrench to remove the manifold securing nuts.
- Remove the manifold(s), complete with air injection tubes and the inner portion of the heat stove.
- Separate the inner portion of the heat stove from the manifold.
- When installing the manifold(s), tighten the retaining nuts to 29-36 ft. lbs., working from the inside out, and in several stages. Install the distributor and set the timing as previously outlined. Tighten the exhaust pipe flange nuts to 25-32 ft. lbs.