REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7
- Drain the cooling system.
- Unfasten the clamps and remove the upper and lower radiator hoses. If equipped with an automatic transmission, remove the oil cooler lines. On models with the 22R-TE, disconnect the No. 1 turbocharger water line.
- Detach the hood lock cable and remove the hood lock from the radiator upper support. On the Land Cruiser, remove the center grille support also
It will be necessary to remove the grille in order to gain access to the hood lock/radiator support assembly.
- Remove the fan shroud(s), if so equipped.
- On models equipped with a coolant recovery system, disconnect the hose form the thermal expansion tank and remove the tank from its bracket.
- Unbolt and remove the radiator upper support.
- Unfasten the bolts and remove the radiator.
- Install the radiator and tighten the mounting bolts.
- Install the fan shroud(s).
- Install the upper radiator support and the grille support.
- Connect the radiator hoses, the transmission cooler line and the turbocharger water line.
- Remember to check the transmission fluid level on trucks with automatic transmissions.
- Fill the radiator to the specified level and check for leaks.