This procedure is a general service procedure--modify repair steps if necessary.
- Remove the transmission as detailed in Drive Train .
- Remove the clutch cover assembly and flywheel or flexplate. See Drive Train also.
- Remove the oil seal retaining plate, complete with the oil seal.
- Use a small pry bar to pry the old seal from the retaining plate. Be careful not to damage the plate.
- Install the new seal, carefully, by using a block of wood to drift it into place.
Do not damage the seal; a leak will result.
- Lubricate the lips of the seal with multi-purpose grease. Install retaining plate.
- Install the clutch assembly and flywheel or flexplate.