REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Matchmark the hinge-to-body and hinge-to-door locations. Support the door either on jackstands or have somebody hold it for you.
- On models with a center door check bar, push in on the claw and pull out the stopper pin retainer.
- Remove the lower hinge-to-door bolts.
- Remove the upper hinge-to-door bolts and lift the door off the hinges.
- If the hinges are being replaced, remove them from the door pillar.
- Install the door and hinges with the bolts finger tight.
- Adjust the door and tighten the hinge bolts.
See Figures 2, 3 and 4
Loosen the hinge-to-door bolts for lateral adjustment only. Loosen the hinge-to-body bolts for both lateral and vertical adjustment.
- Determine which hinge bolts are to be loosened and back them out just enough to allow movement.
- To move the door safely, use a padded pry bar. When the door is in the proper position, tighten the bolts and check the door operation. There should be no binding or interference when the door is closed and opened.
- Door closing adjustment can also be affected by the position of the lock striker plate. Loosen the striker plate bolts and move the striker plate just enough to permit proper closing and locking of the door.